1. Call for Abstracts
Submission deadline: August 9, 2020
Abstract evaluation: August 10, 2020
The organizers invite scientists, clinicians and researchers to submit their abstract(s) for the 5CC Abstract Award. Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award and the financial price.
The best abstract will receive a certificate and a financial prize of € 1.000. In addition, the winner will be invited as faculty for 5CC Barcelona 2021.
2. Terms & Conditions
Please make sure to be fully familiar with the abstract formalities and terms & conditions before sending your abstract- incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will not be considered!
- Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award and the financial price.
- Abstracts must contain work that has not been previously submitted and/or presented at any national or international meeting before 5CC 2020.
- The abstract submission deadline is August 9, 2020; the abstract evaluation deadline is August 10, 2020. Authors will be notified of the abstract evaluation results by e-mail. Abstracts submitted after August 9, 2020, will not be accepted and therefore not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award.
- In light of the global health crisis, the Board of Directors of the 5CC decided to shift the conference to a digital format. The 12th 5CC World Congress will take place as a fully virtual, interactive conference experience from August 28 – 30, 2020. This new format results in a few changes in the procedure:
- All presentations must be pre-recorded and submitted by August 17, 2020. Detailed instructions on how to record your lecture will be provided.
- The presentation should be limited to 10 minutes. Recorded presentations longer than the allotted time will not be accepted.
- All presenters must be virtually present during the session (Saturday, August 29, 2020, from 9.00 – 11.00h CEST) to answers questions from the audience. Should the presenter not be virtually present during this time, the abstract will not be considered for the award and the financial price.
- At the end of the session, the winner of the 5CC Abstract Award 2020 will be determined by the vote from the audience.
- Presenters are not being considered as faculty and have to register for the congress in advance. Only abstracts from registered 5CC delegates will be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award. To register, please visit the registration website.
- 5CC will publish accepted abstracts in the 5CC Abstract Journal without further notice of the author. The 5CC Abstract Journal will be made available in a digital format.
Please remember: incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts!
- Abstracts must be submitted as MS-Word or (editable) pdf document.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and must not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract must clearly indicate the following (to be excluded from the word count):
- Abstract title
- Name(s) of author(s)
- Affiliation of author(s)
- Country of residence of author(s)
- The authors’ conclusion(s) should be clearly stated. General statements such as the significance of these findings will be regarded unfavorably and will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts.
- Initials and abbreviations which are not in common use should be avoided unless they are essential.
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. Your electronically submitted abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
Speaker Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- The 5CC Scientific Board requires that all presentations be as free of commercial bias as possible and that any information on commercial products or services be based on already generally accepted medical thinking.
- It is also preferred that generic drug names be used wherever possible and that any presentation referring to unlabeled or research-associated commercial products should disclose this situation to session attendees.
- The 5CC Scientific Board will review all abstracts without knowledge of the author’s name. Acceptance or rejection of an abstract will be based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers.
- The abstract should be presented in a way that the contribution of the research to advance knowledge can be assessed.
- The Scientific Board reserves the right to:
- select the abstracts relevant to the sessions;
- decide on the final topic of the abstract.
By submitting an abstract for the 5CC Abstract Award, the author confirms that he has read and understood the terms & conditions and accepts them.