Passport & Visa
Spain is a member of the European Union and belongs to the Schengen Area. Please note that all travelers, except for those exempt from visa requirements, should apply for the corresponding visa at the local Spanish Embassy or Consulate before leaving their country. People in possession of a valid residence permit or a valid long-term visa issued by another Schengen Member State, should check the validity of the visa in order to avoid any inconvenience.
Please note that it is the delegate’s responsibility to investigate visa requirements for Spain and apply for a visa, if necessary. Delegates are advised to apply for their visa at least 90 days before travelling to Spain to ensure adequate processing times (that is, no later than May 29, 2020 for conference delegates).
Individuals requiring an official letter of invitation from the 5CC 2020 organizers can request one with carina_schorling(at)logi-vent.de.
This is the process for applying for a Schengen visa for 5CC (no liability for the correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided):
- Register for the conference and submit any required supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Pay the registration fee in full
- Request an invitation letter with carina_schorling(at)logi-vent.de providing all of the following information:
- Full name
- Country of residence
- Passport information (passport number, issuing country, issuance date, expiration date)
- Copy of passport
- Complete the relevant Schengen visa application form
- Pay the non-refundable visa application fee
- Schedule a visa interview appointment
- Attend the interview
- Wait for visa processing
- Wait for decision of relevant embassy or consulate to grant or deny the visa
Full details are available on the website of the European Commission, Migration and Home Affairs.
Delegates should begin the visa application process early, including a request for a letter of invitation, ideally at least six months before the conference.
The 5CC 2020 letter of invitation does not financially obligate the conference organizers in any way and nor does it guarantee an entry to Spain. All expenses incurred in relation to the conference are the sole responsibility of the delegate.
In the case that your visa should be declined, we do not offer refunds of the of the registration fee, but will gladly apply the registration towards the next 5CC conference.