- Abstract submission deadline: May 31, 2018
- Abstract evaluation: June 30, 2018
The organizers invite scientists, clinicians and researchers to submit their abstract(s) for the 5CC Abstract Award. Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award and the financial price.
We accept abstracts on the following categories:
- Energy-Based Devices
- Aesthetic Dermatology
The best abstract in each category will receive a certificate and a financial prize of € 1,000.
Please make sure to be fully familiar with the abstract formalities and terms & conditions before sending your abstract- incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will not be considered!
- Abstracts from industry representatives will not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award and the financial price.
- Abstracts must contain work that has not been previously submitted and/or presented at any national or international meeting before 5CC 2018.
- The abstract submission deadline is May 31, 2018; the abstract evaluation deadline is June 30, 2018. Authors will be notified of the abstract evaluation results by e-mail in July 2018. Abstracts submitted after May 31, 2018 will not be accepted and therefore not be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in oral presentations during the "Free Communication: Abstract Award" session at 5CC 2018. The use of supporting PowerPoint presentation slides is allowed.
- Every presentation should be 5 - 7 minutes and 2 - 3 minutes for discussion and questions. The presenter will receive any technical information and presentation instructions at least 8 weeks before 5CC 2018.
- Presenters are not being considered as faculty and have to register for the congress in advance. Only abstracts from registered 5CC delegates will be considered for the 5CC Abstract Award. To register, please visit the registration website.
- Authors must present their work in person at 5CC 2018. Abstracts from authors, who are not able to present during 5CC 2018 themselves, will be excluded from the 5CC Abstract Award.
- 5CC will publish accepted abstracts in the 5CC Abstract Journal without further notice of the author. The 5CC Abstract Journal will be available in print version at 5CC 2018 and as digital version online after the conference.
Please remember: incomplete abstracts or abstracts with formal errors will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts!
- Abstracts must be submitted as MS-Word or (editable) pdf document.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English and must not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract must clearly indicate the following (to be excluded from the word count):
- Abstract title
- Category (Energy-Based Devices / Aesthetic Dermatology / Innovations)
- Name(s) of author(s)
- Affiliation of author(s)
- Country of residence of author(s)
- The authors’ conclusion(s) should be clearly stated. General statements such as the significance of these findings will be regarded unfavorably and will generally lead to the exclusion of abstracts.
- Initials and abbreviations which are not in common use should be avoided unless they are essential.
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. Your electronically submitted abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
Speaker Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest
- The 5CC Scientific Board requires that all presentations be as free of commercial bias as possible and that any information on commercial products or services be based on already generally accepted medical thinking.
- It is also preferred that generic drug names be used wherever possible and that any presentation referring to unlabeled or research-associated commercial products should disclose this situation to session attendees.
- The 5CC Scientific Board will review all abstracts without knowledge of the author’s name. Acceptance or rejection of an abstract will be based on the average grade awarded by the reviewers.
- The abstract should be presented in a way that the contribution of the research to advance knowledge can be assessed.
- The Scientific Board reserves the right to:
- select the abstracts relevant to the sessions;
- decide on the final topic of the abstract.
By submitting an abstract for the 5CC Abstract Award, the author confirms that he has read and understood the terms & conditions and accepts them.